Monday, October 6, 2008

Bittersweet are the finished projects!

I finished two projects the past week.




I'm not quite sure what to feel. During the last one percent of the stitches, I felt accomplished. However, once the last loose end was woven, the happiness I felt disappeared. I was left with a deranged form of postpartum depression.

This was ... it. Weeks of hard work and anticipation dissipated right before my eyes. I no longer had something to look forward to each day. There would be no more updates, no more showings of each row to Joey. It is ... complete.

Joey doesn't really understand, and to be honest, I don't understand either. People speak of gratification upon completion, but all I saw was a piece that didn't live up to expectations. Of course this sounds so melodramatic, but every time I finish a big project, I go through a bit of a difficult stage until I find a new purpose.

And I have! I found out the perfect way to deal with this situation was to start new things, new projects. I have a filet centerpiece on the hooks for Grandma Berglund and a butterfly cross stitch kit ready to go for Aunt Maxine. On top of that, I have plenty of other kits and patterns I need to work on once I finish up Ladydurer's butterfly.

I'm prepared.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Does it Help that the socks look really great?! :)

alt.ayu said...

i love the color of the socks!!! they are so pretty!!!

Maomao said...

It helps! I'm going to wear them to death even in hot weather.

I'm just a bit finicky in that aspect, I suppose! That's why for my huge cross stitch projects, Joey is going to finish the last one percent so I won't have that dilemma.